Monday, June 14, 2010

2010 World Athlete Interview – Carly Scullion. Team.

When did you begin baton twirling?
I first started twirling in 1992. I was 5 years old!

What has been one of your favourite routines to date?
I have a few favourite routines - last years Freestyle routine that I did was one of my favourites, along with this years team… And every year I do pairs with Natalie Morris, she makes it so much fun to twirl with her!

Which year has been your favourite National Championships?
My favourite National championships would definitely be the year Natalie and I were picked as the world pair. We also won the National Championships that year!

When was your first World Championships?
My first world championships  was in 2002 - Saskatchwan, Saskatoon Canada. I was the reserve for our World Team. What an experience!

What are you looking forward to most about Norway?
The thing I'm looking forward to most about Norway is the girls we are travelling with! I'm excited for them because it’s their first time competing in the Australian team at Worlds! I'm also looking forward to seeing the Japanese - they never cease to amaze me.

Who is your baton twirling idol?
My twirling idol has always, and will always, be Ainsley Hunt from Australia. She was such a fantastic twirler and always so calm and positive. She gives us great inspiration and I admire her in so many ways. She is a great coach & judge, a wonderful mum and a lovely friend :)

What is your goal for twirling this year?
My goal for this year is too do the absolute best that I know I can do on the floor - especially at world. I would like to be the best Australian team to ever perform at world and that is a big ask because there have been many great Australian teams represent us!

4 comments:

  1. Wishing you all the best for Norway, Carly! I'm sure you will do your best on the world floor :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love you carly you are amazing <3
    shanae xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are awesome. no doubt about it.
    much love,
    tams x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your an inspiration to all twirlers.
    Your skill and grace on and off the floor is wonderul to witness.
    All the best for Norway.
    Xxx Shannon Xxx

    ReplyDelete